Thursday, July 21, 2016

Twenty Minutes Straight

The woes of the world have been getting me down this week, and I skipped Sunday's run and then Tuesday's too.  And after such a beautiful run last time too!  Sigh.  I forced myself into my pink shoes and out the door this morning, determined not to let myself slip-and-slide deeper into Ye Olde Depression, figuring I'd run the first five minutes of Week 5's podcast then do a walking break, repeat-til-done.  At five minutes, though, I felt good enough to go for eight, and at eight, I knew I could run ten--and was amazed at what an experience I'd had to push myself to have at all was turning into--and soon enough, my Garmin-watch read "[Time-Run:  14 minutes and however-many seconds]," and I decided I was way too close to twenty-minutes-straight at that point to stop.  ("Now, I figured since I'd run this far," explained Forrest Gump, "maybe I'd just run across the great state of Alabama. . . .")  :)  Maybe everything on my mind just distracted me enough mentally to make it easier to do physically, but I completed the twenty minutes and felt okay at the end of it.  Last month at this time, I hadn't even (re-)started running yet!  It's fascinating to me what the body adapts to and learns.  Onward and upward, then.  Twenty minutes straight! Now we're getting somewhere. 

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, you are getting somewhere, Val! :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing...keep doing what you can Valerie...try not to let the ugliness of certain people destroy your beautiful outlook...let's the rest of us make it a beautiful place to live for the next generation...it is difficult and it breaks my heart but I refuse to allow anyone to take my positive energy and my power to do good...I hope you feel stronger and know that your beauty destroys their evil...I too have a very sensitive nature and have to try hard not to allow them to take my power...think of all you do for others and keep on doing it...also take care of yourself physically and mentally...keep eating those yummy salads...!yum...db

La Table De Nana said...



Keep your vie en rose deep down persona.
I am rooting for you.
All the way.

Val said...

Thank you, Lisa, db, and Monique. :)