Saturday, April 23, 2011

Peanut Butter Bird Nests & A Nap Before Bedtime

Utterly wiped out by work today, I got home at 8 pm to find Mike waiting on the front porch for Chinese food to be delivered for our supper. We ate and caught up on our day and then found ourselves waking up from opposite sides of our tiny studio apartment: Mike had fallen asleep on the bed watching sports news after supper and I had fallen asleep in my chair while trying to read. "A nap before bedtime," he murmured a second ago in explanation and then fell back to sleep. I should be asleep too but stubbornly refuse to let my entire day be just work and sleep, so I will stay up a little longer to read. I'm glad I made the traditional peanut butter bird nests yesterday, as I certainly don't have it in me tonight. 

Peanut Butter Bird Nests:

~ 7 oz. marshmallow fluff 
~ 1/2 cup peanut butter 
~ 3 TBSP. butter 
~ pretzel sticks (or chow mein noodles or potato sticks)
~ peanut M&Ms (The Robin egg-blue Easter M&Ms are my favorite color, so I always go with them.) :)

~ Combine the first three ingredients in a saucepan over low heat.
~ Add the pretzel sticks, coating them well.
~ On wax paper, form the mixture into nests and arrange the M&M "eggs."

 

6 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Have a lovely Easter day ~ FlowerLady

Kathryn said...

They are so precious!
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Lisa said...

Hope you two have a peaceful and restful day.

Val said...

Thank you all, and happy Easter to you too! :)

A Brush with Color said...

I'm glad you both got naps, then! You needed them. Cute little nests and pretty plates! Happy Easter.

Val said...

Thank you, Suzanne. 'Hope you had a good Easter too. :) And yes, we were so tired, it felt like we'd been drugged!