Wednesday, July 9, 2014

My New Favorite Val-Mom Photo

While I was home last month, my aunt Heidi passed around a folder full of old family photos, and one of them was this treasure from 1980.  I had never seen it before, and I'm still transfixed by it two weeks later.  This is one of the only candid shots of me and my mom that I've ever seen, and it's also one of only a few pictures of my mom from this time period, since she was almost always the one behind the camera.  Look at her looking at me:  Sweet Mama!    (She was probably just wondering what she was going to do with her crazy-haired three-year-old, but we'll imagine that she had more poignant and profound thoughts at this moment.)  So dear! 

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, it's a great photo, Val. So interesting because it's candid. Your mom may be wondering what to do with you, but she still seems in control. :)

Val said...

Ha! Yes, she more than managed. :)

Blondie's Journal said...

You both look wonderful...I'm sure you will treasure this forever!

Jane xx

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is a very dear and sweet photo of your and your Mom Val. It is a real treasure.

FlowerLady

La Table De Nana said...

Tender tender:)

Blessed Serendipity said...

Val,
This is a precious photo of the two of you. How wonderful that you have it.

xo Danielle

Taby Jean said...

What a great find!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Val, it is a sweet gift and tells worlds of stories. I'm so glad you came across it!

Susan said...

What a sweet photo--it really captures your mother's love for her daughter. What a treasure!

Val said...

Thank you all. xox♥