Sunday, June 29, 2014

One of My Loves, Louise Odier

I made it home to my parents' house for a warp-speed visit last week, and one of the non-family highlights of my short stay was getting to see my beloved rose Louise Odier in-bloom in my old garden for the first time since 2007.  My spring visits home are usually over Easter and my May birthday, so I never get to see more than this beautiful rose's greenery anymore.  Last week, though, the timing was perfect:  Look at her!    This was my favorite rose in my garden:  Its color, its form, and its scent are all just Heaven-on-earth to me.  The next time I'm blessed with any kind of garden space, this will be one of the first plants I find for it.  Pure sweet beauty.  ♥ 

6 comments:

Teresa Schubert said...

Val,
So good to hear from you, such a beautiful rose!
Teresa
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Val said...

Thank you, Teresa, and it really is. The scent's divine. 'Hope you're doing well. :)

Lisa said...

Oh, those old roses are wonderful! I'm so glad you could see (and smell) it!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That is one beautiful rose. I love the old garden roses the best.

Hope you are having a nice summer.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Val,

the rose is so very beautiful - love the pretty colour and to have a divine scent is gorgeous.
Hope all is well with you and wishing you a happy week
hugs
Carolyn

Val said...

Thank you all, and yes, the old roses have such charm.