Wednesday, January 13, 2016

If You're Ever Sad, Just Remember. . . .

A New York Times commenter by the name of Méz responded Monday to the news of David Bowie's death by eloquently advising, "If you're ever sad, just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie or Springsteen or Paul Simon, Mick Jagger. . . ."  Oh, yes.  We would each personalize our own lists, of course, but theses thoughts--and that they were shared in response to an artist's passing--touched me and likely resonate with all of us who have loved so deeply.  

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Sinatra. The Beatles. Pope John Paul II. Dolly. :D

Lisa said...

And now Alan Rickman is gone! I'll get out my "Sense and Sensibility" to watch again. I love to re-watch my Jane Austen films regularly, anyway.

Val said...

I know. He is primarily Truly, Madly, Deeply and the Harry Potter film series to me. Brilliant voice. I have waited to watch all the Jane Austen film adaptations until I've read and reread all the books. It was Sense and Sensibility last, but I haven't treated myself to the movie yet.

Val said...

And yes, Stuffed would make my list as Dolly makes yours, for sure. :)

Lisa said...

Truly, Madly, Deeply is such a good movie!

Val said...

Yes, it's beautiful. I should re-watch it.