Saturday, January 16, 2016

Today's Walk

I have been breaking in a pair of new shoes today, with five-and-a-half miles walked and a couple blocks run.  After a completely unimpressive pair of Nikes about six years ago, I gave them another chance and treated myself to their "Air Zoom Pegasus" shoes today.  And woo hoo!  These are some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.  I love them.  LOVE them.  After a morning walk in pouring rain, this afternoon's was only dry and brisk, evidence of this past weeks' snowfall all but gone, the sky a cliché January blah above me, and the pink of my shoes the only color on the road below me.  I found not the usual heart, but instead a smile, during my brief trial run too, brightening the day a bit more. 

3 comments:

Gary said...

Good shoes are so hard to find nowadays. I love the video, and am glad you kept an eye out for lamp posts. I have tried filming myself in the street, but get too embarassed as people seem to stare a lot. That face on the tree is brilliant, is it a natural phenomenon?

La Table De Nana said...

You're a brisk walker!:)

Val said...

Those (creepy-to-me-but-funny-to-find-at-the-moment) tree faces are actually sold here, Gary. I trust your clients won't want them for their landscape design. ;)

Hi, Monique. :) I'll alternate walking with spurts of running until I'm really back into running. My plan is still to finish the 2017 marathon here next spring.