Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Baby-in-Snowsuit Cookies, 11 Years Ago Today

Eleven years ago today, I made these nephew-in-his-snowsuit sugar cookies for my family.  Little Dylan was then the bundled-up dumpling below, so you can see why I just had to. 
At that time, I was in my last push toward finishing graduate school and the baking and cake/cookie-decorating were huge parts of my stress-relief that winter, as gardening was in the warmer months.  My family and I ate more than our fair share of buttercream back in those days, let's just say. 
And now this pudgy baby who inspired his own sugar cookie is heading to middle school next year.  But still:  So sweet. 

8 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

They are adorable!
I love my little boys..I get it!

Nellie said...

What cute cookies! And - that little nephew is just precious! How quickly time passes! -xoNellie

Blondie's Journal said...

Absolutely precious!! You are so thoughtful! :)

Jane

Gary said...

Did someone mention buttercream? Oooh, how I remember getting the baking bowl to clean out when my mum did the baking.

Marie Rayner said...

Adorable Cookies, adorable nephew. I get the buttercream thing! I used to love licking out the bowls and beaters as a child. I wouldn't dare do that now! xo

Lisa said...

When you decide to make something, whether it's a stuffed animal or a cookie, the complexity of it certainly doesn't turn you off, does it? Those are cute!

CraveCute said...

Both cookies and nephew are cute as can be!

Val said...

Thank you all. I remember these being fun to make. Buttercream: YES! With chocolate cake or carrot cake for me. Ah! So good!