Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Ballet Teacher Wrote Back!

"I do remember you with your beautiful hair bouncing until your mother pulled it back."  So funny.  How in the world would she remember such a thing?!  She just retired from teaching in December after having taught dance for fifty years, she reported.  And she signed her letter, "Love, Miss Karen."  Surely, we must have called her that in class instead of just "Karen" as I had been recalling.  My mom will probably remember.  She filled an entire note-card and it is all so sweet.  Oh my goodness, I will treasure this. 

4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I love when wondrous things happen.

Val said...

:)

Gary said...

What a lovely response to get back.

Val said...

I know, Gary. I hadn't expected to hear back, really, since I'd assumed she hadn't remembered me, so I'm so incredibly touched by this. And it's so odd to hear someone else's memory of something I'd forgotten--Mom's having to figure out a better way for my hair on ballet class days. It's all just precious to me.