Thursday, July 16, 2015

Mom Memory

Seeing the Queen Anne's Lace in bloom each summer reminds me of how my mom showed me, when I was probably four or five years old, how to tint its petals by letting it sit in a glass of food color-ed water awhile.  In its normal cream-colored form, it is one of my favorite flowers, but revisiting childhood for a bit as I watched the tiny flower clusters take on color has been sweet too.  A blue bloom for me today, then, and I'll pass it on to Mom when we see each other tomorrow. 
 

4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Well geesh Louise:) I wish my QAL wasn't finished!
Never ever have I done this..pretty..at first I though..Val needs to adjust her camera..no..I need to adjust what I do w/ QAL.:)

Val said...

Oh, it's fun, Monique, yes. :) Look for more photos online--You can make entire rainbow bouquets. . . .The possibilities with it are endless. And such a sweet "Mom thing" for me, it just made me happy after a hard week to do something so whimsical. :)

Lisa said...

It shouldn't surprise me that this can be done - I know it's possible with carnations. This is pretty! I was thinking of what other colors would be nice, but I think blue is probably the nicest.

Val said...

See, and I didn't realize until you mentioned it that that's how they dye Carnations. I've only seen white ones with pink edges and white ones with red edges, so I was just assuming--(I guess, I'd never really thought about it til now)--that they'd been dipped into dyes. Hmmm. Live and learn! :)