After thinking for awhile that I have arthritis, medical appointments the past few months have confirmed as much--osteoarthritis and psoriatic arthritis--and I'm now scheduled to meet with a rheumatologist this winter. "You should consider talking with someone," one of the doctors told me, "because chronic pain is hard." I should take her advice--Trained Counselor, heal thyself!--but I'm not there yet. In a dream earlier this week, my grandfather who died in 2017 smiled at me and said, "I want to see you happy again." There was no disappointment or judgement in his tone. I could feel his own seemingly ever-present lightheartedness same as always, but I understood the implied urging toward action in his words. This was only the second time I've dreamed of him since he died, and this was the first time he's spoken. I want to see you happy again. Well, then! My goodness. I cashed in a little vacation time this week and next to sort myself out a bit and took pen to paper the other day to come up with some Operation See Val Happy Again ideas. Treating myself to flowers every week was one. I've had stretches before of doing it but never consistently for very long, and I'm determined now to indulge myself weekly. The creamy white Hydrangeas caught my eye late last night and seemed a sweet start to this small part of my plan. I have other ideas, but this voluptuous bouquet was enough for yesterday.
Friday, December 3, 2021
Aches and Pains and Papas and Petals
Labels:
depression,
dream,
flowers,
grandfathers,
Hydrangeas,
illness,
self-care
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Val, a diagnosis of arthritis when you were obviously a young woman, it's not a good thing. But hopefully you'll get the pain in control and things will go much better. Being much older than you I have arthritis in my hands and it is so unpleasant some days. But it looks like you have a plan to cheer yourself up and it's a good one. Follow through and stay cheerful, because your loved ones who have gone before you are certainly watching over you.
At the worst of my trauma I was told to talk to someone.In my case both occasions a waste of time and an utter disgrace in one.
The person arrived 45 mins late and upon talking to me said I see you are wearing a cross (a family heirloom I love) she said you should remove it.It is a sign of suffering and will bring you down.
Buhbye.
The next was affiliated with a pain program in Mtl and at one point asked me why I was so polite.
Ummm because I was raised that way.
Buhbye.
All my life people confided in me ..had I answered anyone like these two I would have failed.
One thing I can say is medicine might be offered and the first things might not work and you might be leery of medicine but my humble suggestions to are to be open minded..keep trying..like and trust the doctor..you may kiss many frogs before you find your prince…and focus focus focus on what brings you joy and occupies your mind ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️ππ€It’s amazing the resilience we have.And you have it.
So sorry you are dealing with this Val. I have dealt with chronic pain for years now. I just accept it and keep going. I love your idea of having a See Val Happy Again plan. Go for it and follow it. I love also that your Grandfather spoke to you in your dream. What a great blessing. Listen to him. Love and hugs. xoxo
Lynn, Monique, and Marie--
Thank you all. 'Such good advice and so much kindness here. Thank you for your honesty and good hearts. ♥
For Fortune, bless your worship space with Apna showroom Kubera Yantra and Vyapar Vriya Yantra. Brighten ritual using Panchdeep Diya for Pooja and Durable Brass Diya. Keep purity with a brass Gangjal urn. Women can groom with hair comb, lice comb and fashionable metalApna Showroom Men's and Women's Metal Hair Bands (Black) Combo set of 5
ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
Apna Showroom Cotton Baby Socks (Multicolored, 18-24 Months Cotton socks for kids baby girls boys socks 1-2 year 12-18 months baby socks
hairband. Add elegance with 5 hair daily pins packs and tick TAC hair clips. Cotton socks provide warmth and tenderness for infants aged 6–12 months.
Post a Comment