Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Well, Color Me Charmed

The bus I took home from work late last night was decorated to the hilt for the holidays.  The fare-box was wrapped like a brick fireplace, there were wrapped packages and other decorations secured to the storage spaces in front of the driver and behind the driver, the windows were coated in spray snow, and sparkling tinsel garlands and ball ornaments were hanging the entire length of the bus.  O' that I could have asked the driver to stop the bus just for more picture-taking!  In almost thirteen years of using public transportation here, this was the single most charming trip I've yet had.  I told the driver her bus was wonderful, and she just laughed, so I don't know that this was her doing.  I assume she has a more whimsical coworker.  :)  As with the kites in Ocean City this summer, I love seeing that there are people out there who do things like this just to bring some joy to the lives of complete strangers.  Bless all the magic-making elves!

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, a lot of work, and thoughtfulness. It's touching - I hope the person responsible gets the feedback.

racheld said...

I wish you as much happiness and joy in this Blessed Season as we've enjoyed from your bright, cheerful photos and words~~ rachel

La Table De Nana said...

Val..I love being charmed in this way..and I love telling people I am charmed or they have charmed me:)
You're a charmer.

Val said...

Ahhh, thank you all. ♥

Yes, Lisa, I'll be sending a note to the bus company. :)

Thank you, and happy holidays! ♥

Lynn and Precious said...

I am sure your compliment also cheered the driver.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Lynn and Precious said...

I am sure your compliment also cheered the driver.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Val said...

Thank you, Lynn. Apparently, this is something the city's been doing at least a few years, but not on every single bus, so I hadn't caught it before. I was on a Frosty-themed one last week, and there have been Grinch ones in the past, as well, I've since learned. Very nice!