Friday, August 4, 2017

August Sunshine

One of this past week's projects has been painting the little window-wall in the main room. According to the paint chip, this color is "Saffron Thread," but let's be honest and call it "Egg Yolk" instead.    
It changes in the light but is more orange than yellow, exactly as I'd hoped. When the walls were still bare post-painting, I wasn't so sure about it, but now as I rehang each of the pots, pans, and needlepoints,  the color seems the shade I was going for, after all.  'One more coat for the pots and pans wall, a tumble in the wash for the curtains, and a rehanging of the string lights, and this project will be done, in time to brighten not-far-off fall days. 

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Yes, it will brighten the darker days ahead. (but we won't think too much about that yet) :D

Val said...

I'm looking forward to them, Lisa!! 'Am not a summer person. If I could move the beach and all the flowers into another season, I'd skip it entirely, I think. :)

La Table De Nana said...

WE have the same sign in the kitc but different..the same words:)

I love how you cherish your treasures and care for them..your things pop now!

Lisa said...

But I don't think there's any blooming without summer, Val. Or bare toes in the water. However, I am sure if I lived in the city, summer would be an unpleasant trial.

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to fall and all its beautiful colors and fresh air!!!! I have already moved into fall as far as decorating, cooking and crafting...preparing to nest...ahhhh! I could skip summer and live only in fall weather...I love your decorating...painting and all your little treasures...diana

Val said...

Thank you all. ♥

Lisa, I just don't do well in the heat. I get headaches easily, and the hotter and more humid it gets, the worse they get. I don't know if city summers are any less pleasant to me than all my summers spent in rural towns. (Do you ever wonder if the floofy cats like Stuffed and Henry dislike this weather too?) :)