Friday, January 2, 2015

Forcing Vase

While turning the corner in the grocery store's produce department earlier tonight, I spotted a small selection of Hyacinth bulbs in glass forcing vases.  Love!    I've wanted one of these vases for ages now and had never treated myself to one until now.  Only $5, so I'm tempted to go back for a couple more.  I want windowsills filled with them someday--all different colors and shapes and sizes--I just find them so charming.  So begins the collection! 
I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance here every time I look at it. It is, indeed, the little things.  :) 

6 comments:

Nellie said...

What a cheerful place you will have with your forced bulbs! Great idea to bring some brightness inside during the winter! xo

Marie Rayner said...

It is the little things for sure Val! You know I have one of those vases and I never ever did know what it was for? Now I do! Thanks!! xxoo

Teresa Schubert said...

Val,
I think a window full of those would be lovely, sort of like your own secret garden! I hope you do go back and get yourself some more ;-)
Teresa,
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Lisa said...

Lovely, Val!

La Table De Nana said...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens..forcing bulbs..these are a few of my favorite things!:)
I didn't think to buy my hyacinths this fall!:(
I will enjoy yours..that's a great price for bulb and vase..Keep doing these things that make you smile..You always make others smile.

Val said...

Thank you all! I already see a bit of white showing. It's lovely, yes. :)