Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Dite, dite, Hodey. :)

I mentioned back in 2011 how much the following Sunday newspaper comic by Lynn Johnston made me and my parents laugh when we first read it.  The next-to-last panel's line has become something Mom, Dad, and I say to each other when one of us is sick and stuffed-up.  When I called them the other night, I told them about the horrible cold I've been suffering from this past week--as if they couldn't tell from my voice--but I forgot to sign off with our catchphrase until I was wrapping up a quick note home to them this morning.  While I recover here, please enjoy one of our favorite cartoons.   

8 comments:

Vintage Jane said...

Love it!

Lisa said...

I was thinking you were privy to some arcane language till I read the comic. :D Hope you feel better soon! (I've got laryngitis.)

La Table De Nana said...

One of our faves too..
She has had quite a life..not all roses either..A talented wonderful person!

Nellie said...

I absolutely love this, Val! One of my favorite comic strips! xo

Deb said...

Get feeling better soon! I love the cartoon! Hope your weekend goes well!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

and therein lies love.

Chris said...

Hi Val, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Val said...

Thank you all so much. ♥♥

Chris, thank you, and happy to meet you. I will be in touch. :)