Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Three Charming Things ~ On a Day When I Needed Them

With the mailing of Miss Eloise, I have now donated 73 book characters and 400 books to my former elementary school's library.  There are about that many students in the school, so my donations are a drop in the "reading material bucket," but it's a drop that wasn't there before, after all, so I'm happy.  
I walked about thirty minutes in the rain this morning and found this double-leaf heart.  Birds circling overhead, late October trees in vivid contrast to the sooty-looking sky, and leaves like mixed candy on the ground and in the puddles:  Autumn, you are sweet.  I have been dragging through fall this year and feel so drained and discombobulated every day lately.  I cling to these beautiful things and record some of them here in pictures--and then log back off and bring out my journal and pen to record more of the words. 
And dear little Stuffed, forever and always my favorite stuffed animal.    Until the heat is turned on in our building later this fall, this fur-covered yin-yang ball can be found in a nest of pillows and afghans or with his front paws stretched out under the space-heater.  Just knowing that something this beautiful and adorable and cuddly and pure exists, does my heart good.  And that he is a part of my life:  Well!  He is one of the sweetest parts, and I am thankful. 

8 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I love Stuffed. So fluffy and cuddly looking! I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a hug. You sound like you could use one or two or three! (((((hugs)))) I love the Eloise Doll. I am a nut for dolls. I always have been. The library is lucky to have your donations. You are a treasure, and I mean that sincerely. Love and hugs. xoxo

Tina said...

Great post, Val. Love what you're doing for your school.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

La Table De Nana said...

Love your character dolls:) And your fur baby as she brings you so much pleasure..we watched a dear movie last night..5 Flights Up..their fur baby helped make the movie ehen more endearing..

donna baker said...

Walking in the rain sounds fun. What a nice thing you do for the school.

Val said...

Marie, thank you, and I'll accept the virtual hug!

Tina, hello! And thank you. :) It's such a great school. So many of my all-time favorite memories are from my time there. I'm happy to give back now. 'Just wish I'd thought to start ages ago!

Monique, I've heard of that movie. It's good, then? I'll have to check it out. A movie day would be nice right now.

Donna, thank you, and yes, rainy days are just so NICE in the fall. ♥

'Off to work now. Thank you all again.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry to hear it was such a day that you needed them; but I'm very glad that you got them. :)

Nellie said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing for your former elementary school library! I am a "book person" - especially children's books - and love having the characters that go along with them. So glad you had a chance to experience these things when they were needed! Sending hugs! xo Nellie

Val said...

Thank you, Lisa and Nellie. :)