Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Nothing is more difficult than waking a cat. ~ Jim Davis

Sweet Stuffed.  This actually strikes me as a creepy picture of him, but it still makes me and Mike laugh every time we look at it. 
The black/white divider-line down his face never fails to delight me.  And his nose always reminds me of The Wizard Oz's Scarecrow's.  :)
Floofy, to be sure, but he still spends as much time in the box fan-cooled bedroom as in the air conditioning-cooled main room on days like this, so the heat must not bother him as much as it does us. 
He jumps up onto the bed beside me every time I begin writing in my journal, sometimes resting his soft, warm head across a page until I gently and ohhhhhh-soo-sloooooooowly slide the book out from under him.  Dear little soul. 

6 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

I've heard cats sleep abut 16 hours a day. I'm not too far behind!! Pretty kitty!

Jane x

Val said...

Ha! Oh, Jane. :) I hope your arm (or wrist? I'll have to reread) is healing well. :)

Marie Rayner said...

Oh there is no sweeter love on earth than the love of a much beloved pet. I don't know where we would be without our Mitzie. Your little furry beast is just beautiful. xoxo

Val said...

As is your Mitzie, Marie. Thank you.

Lisa said...

Lovely little fellow. Monday I determined to take Dolly outside. We were on a quilt under a tree for about a half hour, maybe. I read some, and finished two knitting projects. She was in a quiet mood, and twice she inched closer to me, looking at me with goo-goo eyes. She knew who was responsible for bringing her outside, and she showed it.

Val said...

Oh, Lisa, that sounds lovely.