Saturday, June 11, 2011

Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises. ~ Pedro Calderon de la Barca

I had never seen a green traffic cone before this one. My sheltered little self had only ever seen orange ones. I've since learned they come in all colors, but this green one I always walk past on my way to/from work is especially striking. From all I've witnessed along this stretch of street on my walks, I think my idea would be. . .how do we say. . .little-appreciated, but I'm still tempted to throw some soil and seeds into the top of the cone and see what comes of it. :)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

However Pedro Calderon de Barca is, I agree with him!!

I think you have a good idea there, Val

Kathryn said...

I understand the inclination!

Val said...

:)

Swistle said...

Sweetpeas would be perfect! They'd come coiling out! Ooo, or a sunflower! But that might lift the cone right off the ground!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

I have only ever seen orange cones too. Oooh! Seeing a green one would be fun! I will have to be on the lookout! Hope you have a great weekend hun! hugs!!

Val said...

Thanks, Britt. And yes, Swistle, I'd love to try it. On the off-chance these people actually use this cone, though, I think I'll just admire it sans seeds. Alas. :)