Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Three Near-Captures This June

I missed this year's opportunity to see some of my beloved roses in-bloom by about two days:  This is how Louise Odier looked as I was leaving my parents' home--where what remains of my dear old garden is, in a corner of their yard protected on one side by a wall of Dad's shed and on another by a wall of the deck--two weeks ago.  Below is a shot of her in-bloom two Junes ago--
--and every time I look at it, I wonder why I didn't take at least a dozen more photos of it during this little photo-shoot.  This one just makes me so happy, and it is so purely beautiful, that sometimes I look for other peoples' pictures of this rose just to satisfy that need to see something pretty.  Look at some of these photos!  ♫  Ooh, Heaven is a place on earth. . . .  ♪  I could weep at the beauty.  
I missed my white Iceberg rose too and confess to having been tempted to peel down its [sepals, it seems, if I have learned the new word correctly] in order to see more of the precious petals before leaving.  Last June's visit was timed to see at least one Iceberg open--
 --and it did my soul good.  Roses always do my soul good.  :)  And now I am remembering--and sounding like--Mary Ellen Walton proclaiming in The Homecoming, "I always feel better after I hug a cow."  :)  But. . .truly.  ♥  I know you know. 
Last night's Strawberry Moon was another I-was-kind-of-there-but-kind-of-missed-it this June.  I saw the (full) moon, and as you can see in this stunning capture from the bathroom window, NASA won't be clamoring to study my photo of it anytime soon.  :)

4 comments:

Central London Storage Lady said...

Some wonderful shots here, thanks for sharing them with us!

La Table De Nana said...

I have Iceberg too..a proven winner:)

racheld said...

What lovely gifts in life roses are!! We're just so fortunate to be witnesses to such glory.

There are usually a few here in the house---Chris arrived for our first date bearing a single red one, I carried one at our wedding, and for yea, these thirty-years-next-month, he's come home often with one or some or a dozen. And the colour du jour of late is PINK, to go with my new pink kitchen.

I dashed away to look for some Bill Bryson books yesterday, but Happy Day to your dear Dad---ours was wonderful, as well. We all took Chris out to one of those WING places, and had the most marvelous time.

And Happy Strawberry Moon to YOU, as well!

r

Val said...

Thank you all. ♥

Yes, Monique, Iceberg has been a keeper. I like the scent too--almost apple-ey.

How nice to read all this, Rachel. 'Glad you guys had a happy Father's Day. ♥