Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Lily of the Valley

Another favorite.  Lily of the Valley blooms in pink and white--and Mom tells me I was once tickled to have discovered the pink variety, although I don't remember that at all and find the white so charming--throughout my garden.  There is enough shade from the Maple tree just a few feet away to keep these beauties happy, although roses and other supposed sun-lovers have thrived in the spot too.  The Lily of the Valley would likely take over--as much as such a tiny plant could, anyway--if Mom let it, but she tends to transplant some from my garden to hers every year, so that hasn't happened yet.  What dear little flowers!

4 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Here it is invasive and takes over..even the side of the driveway..I still love iT!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

lily of the valley is a favorite...so small and yet such a large scent. hope you and Mike are well, healthy and happy!

Blondie's Journal said...

Such a precious plant...I have it growing along a fence and the greenery makes a nice border and how sweet to discover the little 'bells' when you get up close!

Jane

Val said...

Thank you. And ". . .precious": Yes, Jane, that's just right. :)