Wednesday, December 31, 2025

Looking Forward to a New Year

Love and Best Wishes to You All  

5 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

xoxoxo

racheld said...

How lovely to see your light shining on my sidebar this very first day of the New Year!!! And to have a seat right here beside Dear Nana, also such a dear and precious friend and supreme writer, photographer, gardener and COOK whose welcome has delighted us for years---what a fabulous meeting right here this frosty morning!!

I come back often to you both, for little smitches of what were, and all the wonders of both your sites, from when doors were wide and company so companionable. And I delve into that one post which expresses so much of what I'd love to emulate and embody---your great Wonder at the world, such welcome of friendship, and the wondrous sharing of all our ideas and dreams and secret wishes for the future.

If I could use all my words, I could never set down all the warm wishes and gracious acceptance and hospitality which simply GLOWS from this golden door you've flung wide for so long, embracing us all and smiling us in. I DO want to know and be and empathize and comfort, with such sweet ease as you utter such open-armed delight in the hearing, the knowing, the sharing of cares as well as wishes.

I just know that tattery little patchwork flag is still flying its bright colours, the welcome sure and kind, and it's like having a Narnian door right in my house, ready to transport and soothe. I wish you all the good things that YOU wish on all of us, and the steadfast welcome returned to you in multiples too wide for sight. Happy New Year, sweet Val, and May all the bread you've cast upon the Waters come back cake.

Lisa said...

My goodness! What could I possibly say after Rachel's eloquent speech? But I am very pleased to see a post here, and a Happy New Year to you, dear Val. (thanks for the Christmas card!)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dearest Val ~ So good to see you blogging again. It is something I plan to do more of myself this year. Thank you for your sweet Christmas card. Hearing from you always brightens my day. We've know each other a long time now through blogland. I love your picture today, the stained glass window and it looks like you have a new kitty. Much love to you and blessings for a lovely 2026. ~ FlowerLady

Val said...

Thank you all so much. ♥