Saturday, January 14, 2017

Especially for Jenny, Another Birthday Candle

This is how the candle-taped-to-the-treat-idea began, Jenny.  :)  I couldn't get home for my 2009 birthday, so in the package Mom mailed that year, she included a pink candle taped to a store-bought cupcake.  :)  (The little one-story pink house beside it was a flea market find from just the day before, she had explained on the card.  [I am always looking for cute one-story houses.])  The candle really is a charming idea, and one I need to remember more often.  I clipped from a magazine years ago the idea to mail someone a box of already-blown-up gifts along with his/her birthday gift, and I love that but have yet to try it.  (I always imagine the balloons bursting during shipping.  [I should mail blown-up balloons to myself first as a trial.]  Anyway, here's to sweet moms and sweet ideas. 

5 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

Here's to sweet young women.

Barb Cowles said...

What a great idea about the candle/cupcake. There is a long distance birthday coming up in our family and I will follow your mom's lead.

Jenny Pesavento said...

Hi Val! i ~especially~ LOVE this post :) what a great little story behind the birthday candle! i've used a little empty matchbox a few times to send to friends/family that i put a couple birthday candles in (with a match) and lots of confetti, little notes, and decorate the matchbox. such fun!!! thanks for sharing how all this came to be <3 have a wonderful day and week :) :) :) jenny (darling little pink house!)

Val said...

Thank you, Monique, Barb, and Jenny. ♥ I remember writing back, but I see no comment frm myself here, so I guess it didn't post. I'm sorry. Thank you all. Jenny, the patchbox idea is so sweet! I love that and will remember it. That would be fun for anniversaries too--and maybe add a few not-blown-up-yet balloons. . . .My mind is turning with possibilities here. I love your idea. :)

Jenny Pesavento said...

Hi Val, glad you liked the matchbox inspiration and yes! anniversaries, and all kinds of celebrations :) the possibilities are endless!