Monday, July 6, 2015

From Mike's Sister

I received a surprise package last week from Mike's sister.  She has been taking painting classes for awhile now, and she wrapped one of her tiny canvases of blue Hydrangeas--one of my favorite flowers--in sunny yellow tissue paper as a gift.  Love!    Both the thoughtfulness and the vivid colors made my day. 
Gorgeous.  Handmade and homemade gifts are the best. 
This afternoon, I finally decided on a spot for it on our little cookbook shelf. 
Truly, a day-brightener.  Love! 

8 comments:

Lisa said...

How sweet, and charming!

Val said...

:)

La Table De Nana said...

Your kitchen deserves a post of it's own:)
What a sweet gift!

Blondie's Journal said...

What a nice gift! She is very thoughtful. I love surprises in the mail! And I adore your kitchen---so happy! :)

Jane x

Marie Rayner said...

Oh wow, love the little glimpse of your kitchen. It looks remarkable and cute! The hydrangea photo, what a sweet gift. This whole post makes me happy! xoxo

Val said...

Thank you all. 'Still a couple more projects before I'll consider the kitchen close to "done," but I'm happy to hear it looks sweet to you too. It's probably my favorite room in this little apartment. :) I'll share more pictures at some point.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

So very cute and cheerful. Very sweet gifts.....Don't you just love surprises?

Val said...

Indeed, Linda. :) Thank you for visiting here. ♥