Monday, July 12, 2010

Blue Flowers

So many yards around here have beautiful blue Hydrangeas in bloom right now. The flowers enchant me. The blue is just so striking, and anytime I see blue flowers I'm reminded of the final scene in 1994's version of Little Women, one of my favorite movies. Upon hearing that Professor Bhaer has stopped by the family home, Jo tears out of the house to run after him. Those final few minutes of the film are some of the sweetest in it, but the blue flowers all around the house and gate are equally beautiful.
Maybe because it has been so hot and humid here lately, that lush green and blue landscape looks especially inviting today. While trying to create some order in our impossibly cluttered little studio apartment this afternoon, I'll escape there in my mind's eye. 

4 comments:

Carol said...

Someday you should go visit Orchard House in Concord. I've been twice now, and it's a wonderful place!

Val said...

I've wanted to go there for years. :) It's on my list. :)

liz said...

Thank you so much for your visit and kind thoughts on my blog. I'm adding you to my blogroll!

Val said...

You're most welcome, Liz, and thank you too. :)