Saturday, July 4, 2015

Crisps, Twins, and Cat Paws: A Happy 4th

I work tonight, so we celebrated the holiday yesterday here.  This recipe for berry crisp got a thumbs-up from Mike, and we enjoyed it while watching Jaws, a July tradition for us. 
While I was making the crisp yesterday, Mike told me to look at the baseball game on TV and see if anyone looked familiar.  Yessssssssssssssss.  The man pictured above looks exactly like Mike's dad, and we paused the game for awhile so we could marvel at the resemblance.  If I had a picture of my father-in-law in-profile, you would see it instantly.  So strange.  We watched for this guy every time a player batted left. 
And sweet Stuffed finally seems to be back to himself.    He's even been sleeping in the bedroom with us again, after almost two months of keeping to himself elsewhere.  Dear little cat.

A happy day to you all.  

6 comments:

Nellie said...

I love that berry crisp picture! Interesting how you saw someone with a resemblance to Mike's father. Cute little Stuffed! Happy July, Val! It's always good to read your posts! xo Nellie

Val said...

Thank you, Nellie. :) 'Hope you've had a good weekend. I need to catch up on everyone's posts.

Lisa said...

I'm glad Stuffed is so much more himself! Dear kitty! Funny about that man in the ballpark; I wondered what you could mean by "twins" - :D I need to make a crisp - I've got some of our berries and it would be nice.

Val said...

Yes, Lisa, huge relief about Stuffed. Yes, yes, yes. :) And after spending what struck me as a crazy amount on rolled oats for the recipe--almost $5 a bag?! when they seemed to me to be the same in taste and texture as the .99 cent canister of oats--Mike's likely to be eating many more cobblers this summer. :)

Marie Rayner said...

So happy Stuffed is feeling back to herself! Yay! xoxo

Val said...

Thank you, Marie. I know you know what that kind of stress is like.