Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Four Years Ago Today

Four years ago today, Mr. Mike and I got married.  This anniversary reminds me of Laura Ingalls Wilder's The First Four Years, and while we have had our challenges, let us thank God that our own first four have not been quite as difficult as Laura and Almanzo's.  My dear and dearly-missed friend Jane, author of the blog Manorisms, wrote to me in a 2007 email, "[Bob's and my] life together has been a good one, but one of my bits of wedding advice is for a couple always to remember that some years are definitely better than others."  That continues to be one of the wisest and most helpful things I've heard regarding marriage.  It hasn't all been carefree sunny days and sweet strappy shoes and colorful sugar cookies, but the older I get, the more I appreciate all of life's carefree and sweet and colorful, so maybe it more than balances out. 


11 comments:

La Table De Nana said...



Happy Anniversary:)

You have great hair..I have never told you that..had to..:)

Val said...

Thank you on both counts, Monique. ♥ (I love my hair.) :)

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary, Val and Mike! You looked so sweet that day.

Anonymous said...

❀✿❀✿❀♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

Happy, Happy Anniversary!

I loved reading about your wedding day when I found your blog... seeing the photos again today is so fun, Val! Thanks.

I hopy you and your Mr. have a great day and a chance to celebrate today or soon.

Love to you both, and Stuffed, too,
Lily

And yes, you do have great hair!

Nellie said...

Happy Anniversary, Val! Lovely hairdo! xo Nellie

Teresa Schubert said...

Val,
Wishing you and Mike a most happy anniversary!! My how the time fly's huh?!! before you know it, it will
be 10, 15, 20 yrs. and you'll hardly be able to believe it :-) Cherish every moment!
Teresa
sugar, spice and whatever's nice

Val said...

Thank you, Lisa, Lily, Nellie, and Teresa! :)

Marie Rayner said...

Happy Anniversary Val! What a sweet bride you were and are. Here is to many, many more happy years together! xoxo

Val said...

Thank you, Marie. ♥

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Happy Anniversary Val and Mike! It seems like it was just yesterday that you two got married.

Each day is a gift! Marriage is a give and take relationship. We learn, we grow, we live, we love, taking each day as it comes.

Love and hugs and have a happy, love-filled celebration.

P.S.

It was nice seeing pics from your wedding again. Love and happiness beaming through them.

Val said...

Thank you so much, Lorraine. xox♥