Thursday, November 27, 2014

Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving. ~ W.T. Purkiser

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.  I head off to work soon, so my own Thanksgiving dinner will be tomorrow evening.  Love and blessings--and a rich and deep awareness of your blessings--to you all, and prayers for all who are struggling with the loss of loved ones.  Dear Mr. M, one of my favorite elementary school teachers, recently and quite unexpectedly died, and his life and what I admired about it and hope to emulate of it have been very much on my mind and in my heart the past couple weeks.  His kindness and enthusiasm for life are the first things that come to mind when I think of him, and he and all the other good-hearted Mr. M-sort of souls who have come into my life over the years are always chief among my blessings.  Love and thanks to all of you. 

6 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

You always speak from your heart.
I love that.
Never change.

Val said...

Yes, Monique--Thank you. ♥ 'Hope you're having a sweet day. :)

Lisa said...

A very happy Thanksgiving to you, Val! Enjoy your dinner and celebration tomorrow. That quote a your post's beginning is right on. xoxo

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Val, to you and Mike.

Anonymous said...

You have may understanding for the loss of your Mr. M. It is hard to see those who have been so special to us leave. Blessings and (((Hugs))).

I hope you are having a wonderful Thanksgiving Day today!

Love,
Lily

Val said...

Thank you, Lisa, Sandra, and Lily. ♥