Thursday, September 18, 2014

Downtown

Yesterday was gorgeous here with temperatures only in the 60s, and when an errand took five minutes when I'd been prepared to be tied up with it possibly an entire hour, I decided to walk around downtown awhile afterward.  It couldn't have been a prettier morning.  The sun made the city sparkle instead of swelter, more leaves had turned color, there was enough of a breeze to make the Goldenrod along the river dance but not enough to make walking difficult, and everyone around me seemed to be in the same high spirits.  And I found charming graffiti!  And an equally charming heart-shaped pizza slice.  These are days, indeed.  ♥ 

10 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I enjoy your walks..and your perspective Val:)

Val said...

'Morning, Monique. ♥ Thank you. :)

Nellie said...

Oh! I enjoyed my walk around your town! Have a happy Thursday, Val!

Val said...

Thank you, Nellie--You too! :)

Barb Cowles said...

Reminds me of spending days in Downtown Cleveland during my teenage years--a long time ago. Walking by the Flats near the river and lots of fountains and monuments.

Val said...

Those sound like good memories, Barb.

Vintage Jane said...

How lovely to have some unexpected time and make the most of it with a lovely walk ...

Val said...

Yes, Jane--and I need to do it more often when downtown. I don't visit downtown much, and it's lovely.

And happy to see you here. :)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

now that was a nice walk but I could have taken a longer linger at the pizza parlor.

Val said...

Hi, Sandra. I doubt the rest of the pizza shop is as charming as its sign. But one never knows. :)