Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Another Favorite Christmas Gift

These beautiful fingerless gloves arrived wrapped in a pink ribbon a few days after Christmas, a handmade gift from Lisa.  They're similar to a few I've had on my etsy "favorites" wish list for a long time, which made the unexpected gift even more of a treat.    They're cozy to wear, one of my favorite colors, and made of a variegated yarn for a pretty effect.  The braid along the cuffs and ends is such a sweet detail too. 
This is just the kind of thing I hope to create when I learn how to knit and/or crochet.  After rereading some of Lisa's old blog posts,  I think this pattern she has referred to before must be the one for these. She says they're not that difficult to make, so I've bookmarked the pattern page for the future.  I just love these.  

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a sweet and lovely gift and so 'you'.

Enjoy ~ FlowerLady

Val said...

Yes, very sweet of her and very "me." :) Have a good day, Lorraine.

La Table De Nana said...

Love those..that's what I would like to knit next:)
Perfect for photo taking.

Lisa said...

Val, the "braid" along the edges is just the result of casting on and binding off; they're so easy to make! But I still wouldn't knit in the round until I was very comfortable with knitting on straight needles for a while.

But I'm so glad they are useful to you, and that you really like them!

Nellie said...

What a thoughtful gift from Lisa! She is an excellent blog friend! xo

Val said...

Monique and Nellie: "Yes." :)

Lisa, thank you for the tips. You'll be the first to know when I try these someday.