Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pink and White and Heart-Filled Thanksgiving

Mike and I had our Thanksgiving together Sunday afternoon. Turkey breast, sausage (for him), a mushroom-stuffing dish we always make, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, Boston Brown Bread, dinner rolls (for him), and Apple Crumb Pie and maple-walnut fudge for dessert. Everything turned out good, and we had enough for two suppers and a couple snacks and lunches. 
 We are blessed and thankful.
I did the table in pink and white with our owl, pine cone, acorns, leaves--and framed wedding cake topper, since it is our first Thanksgiving as husband and wife--as decorations. :) 
I am always finding and being gifted with heart-shaped dishes, and they were put to good use this pink and white and heart-filled Thanksgiving. A couple more hearts are candy bowls on our side table and coffee table.
We watched Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, a favorite movie, and then read and finished addressing Thanksgiving cards and just enjoyed a quiet night at home together. 'No word on the position I'd applied for in August, so it seems this is not meant to be Year o' New Job for me and that Mike's and my opposite work schedules will continue, but that only makes us appreciate the time we do get to have together that much more. We are blessed to have each other and to both have jobs and all that we do have, and we know it, and we say our thanks.   Much love and happy Thanksgiving to you all.

8 comments:

FlowerLady said...

Your Thanksgiving dinner was filled with lots of good things to eat, artfully served and blessed with love, the main ingredient.

Love and hugs to you two,

FlowerLady

Lisa said...

You've got the right attitude, Val. I like your owl! Barn owls have heart-shaped faces - sort of.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Dang, I keep trying to follow but it's not working. I can't even sign in to see if I'm already following. sigh.
It's been a rough month but I'm still thankful; bless you for your kind comment at Thistle Cove Farm. Your table is lovely and looks like you're going to make it a loving Thanksgiving.
God's blessings on you, yours and the work of your hands and heart.

C'est moi Claudette said...

Hi Sweet Val. You know I'm all about PINK, so I LOVE your Thanksgiving Cozy Table.
We celebrated in Oct. so I'll just observe all of my American friends this weekend.
Happiness always to you and Mike.
xoxoxoxoxo

Lisa said...

Val, I hope you have a nice day tomorrow even without your husband. Thanksgiving blessings to you!

Love, Lisa

DreamgirlLisa said...

It all looks so yummy and is making me hungry! Glad you got to be together, even though not exactly on the holiday. I love the pink too!

Val said...

Thank you all. :)

asmplelife said...

What a feast you had! And your mushroom stuffing dish sounds intriguing. Maybe you would share the recipe?