Thursday, June 27, 2019
The Love of Little Cottages
Between my grandfather's death and my grandmother's sorting through her own things these past two years, I've somehow come into possession of what seems to be the only remaining photo of my maternal great-grandparents' house in New York. A little Aunt Laurie is the girl standing in the front here. It is a cottage! Be still my heart! ♥ When Mom saw my reaction as I thumbed through the pile of old pictures this was in, she said, "Well, I've told you about it before. You knew they lived in a little house"--with an implied "???" at the end of her words. And yes, I had, but there are little houses and there are cottages. It's like her grandparents lived in a backyard playhouse. How sweet is this! ♥ We all come by our love of little homes honestly in this family, then. :)
Labels:
Aunt Laurie,
Mom,
today's charming thing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Sweet 'family' cottage dear Val. Thanks for sharing ~ FlowerLady
A tiny house before tiny houses were cool 🙂. Thanks for posting this photo and sharing that bit of your family history.
ohh that is darling Val! what a treasure to have this photo, thank you for sharing 💕
Hi, Val! What a wonderful picture to have! I'm reminded of a house of my own childhood! - xoxo Nellie
Too too bad you have no picture of the inside - but what a treasure! It looks very neatly kept.
Val,
My very first Look IN in a long time---have been out of sync with LAWN TEA, e-mail AND ability to post on almost any blog save yours, and that intermittently. Love for the small things, the wee dwellings, the Mole-Burrows and the Fairy Houses---We all need to be Little Bitty every now and then, to keep us in perspective, and to refresh our imaginations. Happy Summer to YOU, my Bright, patchwork friend, with your colors and Stuffed and sweet small home of your own.
Thank you all.
Rachel! 'Good to see you. I had wondered. ♥
And yes, Lisa, pics of the inside would be wonderful. It's so different nowadays with digital pictures. . .shots captured of everything.
Post a Comment