Thursday, May 5, 2016

I go to Nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put together. ~ John Burroughs

It has been a wearying work-week.  "One!  More!  Day!"  And it is weeks like this one, especially, that I am most thankful to be able to get outside for my walks, and pretty much as long and as often as I want to walk, in order to get away. 
A professor I didn't like in college said at least one thing in the semester I had with her which I did appreciate and it was that when life was getting us down, we needed to remember to head outdoors and soak up nature for awhile.  Yes.  My walks--the eight-mile ones, the ten-mile ones, and even the one-and-a-half-mile ones--have saved my sanity this week (and many other weeks).  Thank God for them. 

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Eight and ten mile walks, Val! I've never done them. But I know it's healing.

La Table De Nana said...

Now..make a wish..and blow:)♥

Marie Rayner said...

Oh, I love Monique's comment. Make a wish and blow. So many wishes there! xo

racheld said...

My Goodness, Sweetpea!! As my Dear Mammaw used to say, "Girl, you sure do put your foot in the road!"

I'm so glad you have the opportunity and such serene surroundings and safe travels. We have quite a bumper crop of Dan-DEEL-Yuns of our own, and of all the puffing and blowing and wishing that's occurred---Spring next year will look like a snowfall.

I hope you and all you love a wonderful Mothers' Day weekend!

rachel

Val said...

Thank you all. And yes, am getting back to the 8 and 10-mile walks. 'Am determined to run a full marathon next spring, and it's now exactly a year away, so the plan is to get used to walking a lot again like I was doing 2007-2009-ish, lose the extra weight I've regained, start running again, and gradually up my miles until race-day. First, the many walked miles. :) And spring is a beautiful time for them.

Happy weekend to you all too. ♥