Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving Cornucopia Rice Krispie Treats

After getting home from work this morning, I made a quick dessert for Mike to take to his mom's Thanksgiving dinner.  He thought the "Bugle" chip cornucopias on top of the Rice Krispie treats looked more like ice cream cones, but I think the idea has potential.  If nothing else, maybe they gave his family a needed laugh during a difficult holiday today. 
I thought about using the tiny "Runts" candies that are shaped and colored to look like different fruits, and maybe the little fruits would have given me the look I was going for here.  Anyway, for a quick dessert, these worked and are still cute enough to make me happy.  I added a bit of pumpkin pie spice and a few melted pumpkin spice chips (new to me--they're like chocolate chips but taste exactly like pumpkin pie filling [Ah, strange food science!]) to the Rice Krispies, but the finished squares only taste vaguely of cinnamon.  That's fine too. 
And now, off to work.  Happy Thanksgiving, and a happy day to you all. 

7 comments:

donna baker said...

You mean they still make Bugles?

Lisa said...

I remember Bugles from so many years ago! I loved them. Nice of you to make those for him to take, Val.

La Table De Nana said...

My mother-in-law always had Bugles..I loved them..that's why I don't buy them:) My Littles would love this festive square;)

Thistle Cove Farm said...

I had no idea Bugles were still being made and they are cute; best they were tasty as well. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mike with a Merry Christmas to come.

Val said...

I didn't know Bugles were so hard to find! Yes, they're in the stores--and in four flavors now. :)

Thank you all. : ♥

The Dutchess said...

Hello Val...lovely lovely blog...so nice to meet you..xoxo

Val said...

Thank you for visiting. :)