Wednesday, May 6, 2015

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. ~ Anais Nin

What a sweet past week!  I returned today from four days of visiting family--mine and Mike's--and had such a great time with everyone:  A late supper out with Mike's mom and sister Friday night, a Thanksgiving-dinner-in-May with my family Sunday, a drive out to my grandparents' cemetery with Mike Monday afternoon, the softball and Little League games of my oldest niece and nephew Monday evening--and both their teams won their games, and my nephew hit a home run that won his game, and seeing his PURE JOY as he ran into his teammates' arms after crossing home plate is one of my all-time favorite Dylan moments.  He was THRILLED, and the coaches let him keep the ball.  My parents, sister-in-law, and I were yelling our heads off in the bleachers, so happy for him--my nephew's first band concert Tuesday morning, what's become a traditonal tea party-ish stop for lemon meringue pie, fresh strawberries, a roll with jam, and tea for me and Mom yesterday afternoon, and a drive out to the cemetery with Dad later to place a bouquet and a photo of my driver's license cake at Sommer's headstone.  I'd been imagining myself doing just that at Som's headstone since before I got my license, so to get to leave my flowers and photo there finally was so sweet, one of those moments when I could look at myself and think, "Ah!  I have grown!  I have made progress!  I really did do something with this past year!"  Last May, I don't know if I would have believed that a year later, I'd be driving to my parents' house--I DROVE us home from my in-laws' Sunday, and I drove to the cemetery--and getting to visit Som's headstone as a licensed driver for the first time too.  Truly:  Progress!  This entire past five days was full of sweet moments, but finally seeing my simple bouquet and celebration cake at Som's stone just made the trip for me.  Let's hear it for personal growth!  :) 

7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a lovely week you had, filled with love and joy.

I am so proud of you for getting your drivers license. How exciting to be driving here and there for you.

Love and hugs ~ FlowerLady

Marie Rayner said...

How wonderful that you could have such a lovely week with family etc. I am so proud of you being able to "Drive" there yourself. You go girl! xoxo

Nellie said...

This sounds like a wonderful time away, Val! You have made real progress and growth this year! Yay for you! xo Nellie

Anonymous said...

Those days with family were well spent life... and I am happy for you!

Congratulations on again on getting your license. You are doing it!

Love to you,
Lily

Val said...

Thank you all!

Computer issues here. I'll be back when they're resolved.

Thank you again.

Anonymous said...

Love you bunches, my little cheeze.

Val said...

Thank you again, Marylou. ♥