Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Tuesday Was

A much-needed "Thank you so much" before I left work.  A blissfully short walk home in below-zero temperatures.  Slipping but not falling when I was about a block from our front door.  Frost and ice on the kitchen window (and on the scarf I'd wrapped around my nose and mouth) when I finally arrived.  Hot chocolate and a good nap, only waking when my alarm went off.  A long letter from Mom and a beautiful birth announcement-photo card from my younger brother and his wife. 
 
Turkey meatloaf (this wonderful recipe) for supper with salad and potatoes on the side.  Apple crumb pie for Mike.  Finishing Wally Lamb's We Are Water (the first book of his I didn't love) cuddled up under a pile of blankets in bed.  Reading that the Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) detective story I finished the other night and loved has a sequel coming out sometime this year. 
Treating myself to an online order of a pink wool coat I saw in a store last month and thought I'd missed-out on.  Seeing this sweet dollhouse online and squealing.  (A steeper roof and that's one of my dream houses.)  Remembering for the whatever-day-in-a-row to take my vitamin.  'Finding various recipes for "Pea Salad," which I'd neither heard of nor thought of before but am now happily making for my supper for tonight.  Going to bed early.  So far, this January very much feels like January. 

8 comments:

Nellie said...

Sounds like a delightful Tuesday, Val! Stay safe and warm! xo Nellie

Tabetha Jean said...

I beyond adore pea salad, all kinds-- particularly tasty in a hollowed-out tomato as a summer lunch! Stay warm & happy!

Lisa said...

A pink coat! Way to go, Val. :D

NanaDiana said...

Sounds like a wonderful Tuesday to me, Val. Hope we see the pink coat when you get it- xo Diana

Vintage Jane said...

A day to give thanks for ...
Stay warm! M x

Marie said...

Sounds a positively beautiful day Val! A pink coat. Must see a pic of that. It sounds beautiful! xxoo

Tina said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I love reading your blog. You have a real talent for writing and can make even the simplest thing (walking home from work) so interesting to read about it. Can't wait to read your next entry.

Tina
aurathentic@gmail.com

Val said...

Thank you all. I'll have to do a pink coat post sometime. :)

And Tina, thank you--That's exceptionally kind. ♥