Friday, January 10, 2014

'Til the Love's Added

I had seen this plate on both etsy and eBay for $20 and even $35, and both prices strike me as crazy, but of course, to each her own.  I myself loved this little plate as soon as I saw it last year (or maybe even the year before now) and instantly wanted it for my collection, but $5 is about the most I'd be willing to spend on a small decorative plate, so I bookmarked the listings and kept searching and waiting.
Finally, a few weeks ago, I found the plate for about $11 including the shipping, and that was good enough.  As Mom is known to gleefully shout out when "striking rich" at a yard sale or flea market:  "Mine!" 
I attached a hanger last night, and this dear little thing that captures so much of what I love--the sentiment!  the window sill!  a braided rug!  hearts on the curtains!  a heart on the chair!  heart-shaped cookies!  heart wallpaper!  a multi-paned window!  a woven chair!  an old-fashioned stove!  a pudgy cat!  a colorful pan and mixing bowl!  a checkered backsplash!  a checkered towel!  even a (green!) checkered floor!--will, at long last, grace my plate collection tonight. 
It is in every sense a little thing, but it is making me smile like the tabby above today.  

9 comments:

The BUTT'RY and BOOK'RY said...

Hi Val :-)
I am visiting from my new Kindle,and I am glad to be able to finally come over!
I love the plate and being a bargain makes it even better. I myself like to squeeze Lincoln off a penny... Hee
May your day be as bright as the brightness you bring to others! ;-D

Blessings and hugs, Linnie

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear, dear Val ~ That little plate is so YOU! I'm glad you got a good deal on it too. What a great addition to your sweet little place.

FlowerLady

Val said...

Thank you both! :)

La Table De Nana said...

Absolutely..made for YOU.
Your name must be on the back for sure.

Blondie's Journal said...

This really is precious, I can see why you fell in love with it. A happy home starts in a warm kitchen!

XO,
Jane

Blessed Serendipity said...

It just goes to show you that good things come to those who wait. I am so happy that you found it for a bargain price. What a cute little plate that is so perfect for you and your home. Enjoy!

xo Danielle

Nellie said...

What a good bargain, Val! Especially when it is for a piece that will have such a special spot in your heart! xo Nellie

Lisa said...

I've never seen a plate like that; patience really won that one for you. It's perfect! Such a nice sentiment.

Art and Sand said...


Good things come to those who wait.

I am so glad you got your plate at last.

Love the idea of a green checked floor.