Saturday, January 18, 2014

Today's Charming Thing

Burrow and trudge are words that will do to define this January, and if I ever write a children's book about winter, I'm here and now claiming Burrow and Trudge as its title, thank you.  (I'm serious.  It's perfect.)  :)  It has been a trying month.  I found myself playing "Grandma's Alphabet Game" late last night with the subject of Things I Am Looking Forward to Tomorrow.  (A:  a day off, B:  bagels for breakfast, C:  chili Mike was planning to make for tonight's supper, D:  dishes washed and put away. . . .)  Tonight it is cheering enough to look around my home determined to see the little things that are beautiful but easily looked past.  These strings of red plastic heart beads hang along the window frames in both the kitchen and bathroom, and their reflection against the white wood always charms me. 

3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good morning dear Val ~ This happy, contented post of yours has me smiling.

Have a really nice Sunday and a great week.

I like the title of your book.

FlowerLady

La Table De Nana said...

Because of you I sometimes do A for anemone B for baptisia..etc..:)
I am like you with small things like that around teh house:)
I am glad about that.

Val said...

Good morning, Lorraine and Monique. Yes, methinks we are kindred spirits, delighting in small homey things. :) Have a good day. ♥