Wednesday, March 27, 2013

This Year's Easter Cards

I wish I'd thought of this a week ago, as now the race is on to get these mailed out in time for a Saturday arrival.  I didn't see any packaged Easter cards in the stores this year that interested me, and late last night, it occured to that a simple rabbit silhouette would look sweet against these pink, yellow, and green plaid notecards I already had.  I looked at a few silhouette images online, drew an outline in pen, and then began painting.  I'm happy with (most of) them, but I wish inspiration had struck sooner.  I haven't decided on what-all I'm making for Easter dinner or dessert yet either.  'Definitely not my most-organized holiday ever, but there are still a few days for me to get it together. 

8 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Val ~ Those cards are adorable. You are so creative and such a happy person. I'm sure you'll come up with a lovely Easter dinner and dessert.

Love and hugs to you and your dear husband and your sweet feline too.

FlowerLady

Nellie said...

How adorable, Val! I must purchase my cards from the card shop!

Lisa said...

That's an awfully good bunny there, Val. Good job!

Lisa said...

That's an awfully good bunny there, Val. Good job!

Val said...

Thank you all. :) Most of my cards will definitely be arriving late this year, but I'll just tell myself that a Monday or Tuesday arrival will extend the holiday for the recipients. :)

Jenny Holiday said...

Oh they are SO sweet!! Happy Easter to you guys!!

xo

Val said...

Thank you, Jenny. :) Happy Easter to you both too! ♥

emily said...

I can't say that I've ever made Easter cards, but I think I might have to start!