Friday, March 22, 2013

Oh I wish it was spring of the year again. Forsythia bloomin' by the fence and the Crocus comin' up through the snow. . . . ~ Olivia Walton in The Homecoming

The local church's garden that had such beautiful Irises in bloom last spring has patches of egg yolk-and-indigo-colored Crocuses today.  I've never been a big Crocus-lover, but after the seemingly never-ending winter this year, every single one I spot peeping out in yards around town delights me.  Springtime!  Bring it!  

5 comments:

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Val,

So glad that springtime is on its way there for you.
Many thanks for visiting me and hope all is well with you and enjoy the weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Enjoy all the different flowers popping up for spring. I think that would be a thrill to see every year.

Have a great first spring weekend ~ FlowerLady

La Table De Nana said...

Gosh..you would be so discouraged here:) Enjoy!!!

Lisa said...

I don't think we're going to see anything springlike until after Easter - boo hoo!

I'm planning to sew a pink and yellow paisley skirt all the same - I just discovered that the bits of green in it go with my green sweater, so if it's cold, I can still look springy!

Val said...

'Sorry for the delay in writing back, Ladies.

It IS exciting, Lorraine, yes--And it's good to remember that. :)

Lisa, your skirt sounds lovely. My mom has always bemoaned all the outdoor Easter egg hunt photos in magazines, as we've only had a few Easters in my lifetime that saw good wenough weather for that. Life in the northeast, as you know. :)

I don't know know what it is about this winter--Goodness knows we've had winters with so much more snow--but ay yi yi, I'm so eager for spring this time around. 'Almost there! ♥♥