Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Stuffed with His Stocking

We began decorating for Christmas last night by bringing the wreaths, our biggest tree, the ornaments, and our stockings out from storage.  Since I was sick the first few months of 2012 and didn't get all the Christmas things taken apart and down to storage until really (really) late this year, it really (really) seems like I just saw all these things a few days ago.  That usual "Ohhh!  Awwww!  I'd almost forgotten about this!" feeling just wasn't there as I unpacked everything last night.  One of the things I'd been looking forward to bringing out this winter, though, was Stuffed's new-to-us-but-found-on-eBay-after-Christmas-last-year Garfield Christmas stocking.  It's actually a stuffed Garfield holding a little stocking labeled "Stuff it!"  Perfect.    It will sit between my stocking and Mike's when I'm done getting things into place here today.  Until then, Garfield is Stuffed's new best friend and they've been resting on an armchair together.  Stuffed's been sniffing him and curling up next to him and holding him (and his own ever-protected security blanket of a tail) down with one of his front paws.  Sweet Kit-Kat.  This might end up being one Christmas decoration that stays out year-round.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Stuffed is truly the prettiest cat I ever saw. And I'm very glad he has this new "companion"!

Val said...

Thank you, Lisa. And yes about his companion. He cuddled up on the chair with Garfield again tonight while Mike and I ate supper. He's so funny. :)

asmplelife said...

I love the expression on his face!

Val said...

:)

FlowerLady said...

What a great picture of Stuffed and his friend Garfield.

Have a wonderful holiday Val.

FlowerLady

Val said...

Thank you, Lorraine. I return your good wishes! ♥

Nellie said...

What a sweet picture of Stuffed! Has he made his Christmas list? Our cat "tells" me everytime I go to feed him.:)

Val said...

:)