Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Our Thanksgiving Together at Home

Since Mike and I were apart for Thanksgiving last week, we had our own little Thanksgiving supper together last night.  We watched the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving cartoon--as is tradition--and part of a hockey game while we ate, and after supper, I pulled the fall quilt off of the table to switch out with a wintry tablecloth, and with that, Thanksgiving had passed once more. One of my favorite holidays, it was sweet all around again this year. 

4 comments:

Carol said...

Getting married next year? Is there something I missed somewhere?

Congrats! I am glad you had a wonderful holiday. We did too, even though two of us were far away.

Val said...

I'm glad your day was good, even if you all couldn't be together for it this year, Carol.

And no real announcement, since we're not really doing an engagement period. :) We're just thinking of heading over to the courthouse for the ceremony sometime this spring.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You two had a sweet celebration together...that's what it's all about...not the date but the day!

Val said...

Exactly, Carrie. :)