Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The heart of autumn must have broken here, and poured its treasure out upon the leaves. ~ Charlotte Fiske Bates

It is what I consider a true Pennsylvania November day here with thirty-one-mile-per-hour winds making it feel much colder than it is. Trash cans and plastic lawn chairs have been blown into streets and now rest between cars. Dunk your brush of black paint into the water pot until almost no color remains in order to achieve our watercolor-water sky today. I think this morning is the prettiest I've seen so far this season, though. The dreariness above only makes the colors closer to us pop.  Many of the trees are only branches this morning. Some of the sidewalks are only leaves.  And some of the yards are the candy aisle of their street and neighborhood.

8 comments:

wildflowerhouse said...

Thanks for sharing some of your autumn joy. Ours in the desert is more subtle and golden. We are enjoying cool blue skies here.

And thanks for commenting on my blog, which reminded me I needed to catch up with yours! Now that I don't have the Internet at home, I've fallen out of touch a bit.

I enjoy your blog posts very much!

Val said...

Thank you, Diana. I can picture the golden, although I didn't get to see a ton of Arizona the falls I was out there. :)

Wish on a Whisker said...

Hi Val~ Such a pretty autumn post! We've been cleaning up lots of leaves around here. I still can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. Yes, we do have plans. Do you? Thanks for your sweet comment. Happy Thanksgiving! Love~Mandy

DreamgirlLisa said...

Fall has hit here in CA too, we had a big storm last night with thunder and lightning, which I love! My daughter and I stayed cozy in front of the fire. I love your pictures of Fall! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Val said...

Hi, Mandy and Lisa. :)

Thank you both for the kind words. Autumn is so photogenic, it makes it easy. :)

I'll be with my family for Thanksgiving, and Mike and I will have a smaller Thanksgiving together the week after. Cozied-up in front of a fire during a storm sounds good, Lisa. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you both! It did come fast this year.

Wren Cottage said...

What a way you have with words Val! You totally captivated me with your description of Autumn thru your eyes!! Loved it!! hugs!!!

Wren Cottage said...

Oh and I really like that last photo! Look at all those colors!! I " heart " leaves :)

Val said...

Thank you, Madai. :) 'Great to see you here.