Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween Weekend ~ With Paw Prints

Saturday night before watching Halloween movies, Mike, Stuffed, and I finally got around to making the hand/paw print artwork I'd been wanting us to make the past few years.  I was just happy that the project was finally done.
Mike was his usual clever and cynical self--"This is who we are" is the catchphrase from "Millennium," one of our favorite shows--but went along without much fuss.
And Stuffed, upon feeling paint on his paw pads for the first time, inexplicably tried to kneel down onto the paper like a horse. But he didn't fight me too much while I scrubbed his now-blue paw with a warm washcloth, so all's well that ends well.
In any case, it's now on top of our crazy mantel, and I'm delighted by it.
We watched the Snoopy "Great Pumpkin" movie and the Garfield Halloween movie, and at the last minute, I found a Spider-Man cookie to add to Mike's goody bag, so that made me happy too.
Chinese food for Mike and a chicken salad for me last night after work, a phone call from my mom during which I got to tell her that I do indeed have Thanksgiving off this year so will be seeing everyone in a few weeks, and the pleasure of watching Stuffed in his cozy corner all weekend.
And we're not out of Kit Kat candy bars yet. My kind of Halloween.  

3 comments:

appledapple said...

Stuffed is just beautiful! I love the crazy mantle and the artwork!

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

Hi sweetie!! I hope you had a fabulous Halloween!! Have a wonderful day!! Huge hugs!!! Britt :-)

Val said...

Thank you both. :) And yes, the mantel is "a good crazy" but definitely overstuffed. We're moving in the spring, hopefully. . . . :)