Thursday, October 7, 2010

Finally Fall

A gorgeous and relaxing fall day here.  'Puttering around the apartment putting things into autumn mode, washing dishes, lighting the pumpkin-spice candle for the first time since winter, listening to Beth Orton's Trailer Park cd--her version of "I Wish I Never Saw the Sunshine" is beautiful and one of my favorite songs--wrapping little gifts for a start-of-kindergarten/Halloween-themed care package for my nephew and niece, and walking down to the store soon to buy extra ingredients to bake the fall's first batch of chocolate chip-pumpkin cookies. I know it's fall once the first tray of them comes out of the oven.  It's a sweet, sweet day. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you be any cuter? :)
I will miss Fall now that we are in Florida :(
You are one cool aunt ;) The kids must love you!!
Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies?! Ohhh, yummmmm...
I love the little corner with the pencils in the corner! I love how cozy your Fall decor is!!! Wonderful!!
Enjoy sweet friend!!!
hugs ~ Madai

Val said...

Ohhhh, I've missed you, Madai. :) Thank you, and I hope you have a wonderful fall in your new home.