Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sprung

Today was my day off for the week, and it was wonderful. I walked to work with Mike, then went for my first run in five years afterward.  The weather was as beautiful as spring weather gets, Daffodils could be spotted in seemingly every yard, and I made supper--stuffed manicotti, artichoke bread, and salads--and walked it across town so Mike and I could eat supper outside after he got off work.  'Forty-pounds-lost now, according to the scale this morning too.  'Sweet, sweet day.

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

Val,

I feel the same way about daffodils. I can't help but smile when I see them. They shout "Spring is Here" as soon as they appear.

CONGRATULATIONS! 40 lBS! That is wonderful, Val, a truly great achievement.

Schenley Plaza looks beautiful, the perfect place for a celebratory picnic. :-)

Tracy said...

Val, you go girl!! That is amazing! You look wonderful. What's your secret??

Val said...

Thank you, Marilyn and Tracy! :) And Tracy, it's been a combination of staying within a certain number of calories every day--I just looked up some information when I started all this last January about how many calories I should aim for each day if I want to lose weight--exercising more, not eating too late at night, and keeping a food/exercise/health-in-general journal. I started taking a multivitamin every morning too, something I hadn't done since I was a kid. It's all working. :) And it never fails to thrill me to lose another pound, since I've struggled with my weight since I was a kid. This is just so exciting. :)

Rose said...

Whooop! You go girl :)

MeMo

Val said...

Thanks, Rose. :)