Friday, September 23, 2016

Lampshade Love

Finally, the lampshade is finished and tucked back into its little corner.  I feel like I've been covered in loose threads and bits of hardened hot glue for a month although it's only been a week.  It turned out exactly as I'd envisioned it, which is always so gratifying.  
I couldn't find the lavender plaid fabric I thought I'd saved, but the touch of pink floral suits me better anyway and its crocheted trim at the top complements the ball trim along the bottom.  
I like the way the shade looks in every light--
--and I love all its many colors and patterns.  Love, love, love. 
This makes me so happy.  :)
And it makes reading in bed that much more of a favorite thing. 
Bliss! 

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love it! It is so cheery and colorful.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

La Table De Nana said...

I love where you find bliss..
NEVER STOP♥
Adorable!

Jenny Pesavento said...

ohhhh it's beautiful Val! i can see a matching pillow if you had enough fabric pieces left! (or maybe a bookmark!!) thanks for sharing this delightful lampshade project. i may just give it a go with a small shade i have ;)

Jeanne said...

Hello Val, Thank you for your sweet comment on my flower arrangement. I had a lot of fun arranging the sedum and greenery for my garden club flower show.

I too Love, love, love, your adorable lampshade. What an original idea or at least I have never seen it before. The fabric choices are perfect and I too love the touch of pink. It was worth the week of hot glue and hard work.

Have a great week.
xo, Jeanne

racheld said...

Aw, Val---it's YOU. Interesting and fun and creative, charming and whimsical, with lots of colour and pattern, and such a LIGHT shining through---You to a T.

rachel

Val said...

Thank you, Lorraine, Monique, Jenny, Jeanne, and Rachel. :)