Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Wednesday's Walk

What began as a walk in flurries today ended in a slippery trek home in actual snow, and I'd have worn shoes with better traction had I expected it.  But oh! The woods were so blissfully silent and still in the snow, with only a woman crunching her way over half-frozen leaves as she ran past when I first started out and a man walking with his dog at another point.  We exchanged hellos and continued on, and the dog didn't even bark:  An unspoken understanding between us all, I always think when I encounter other solitary walkers and runners, of the value of this peace and quiet. 

7 comments:

Lisa said...

So pretty!

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful pics of a lovely time outdoors!!

Jane

Val said...

Thank you both. It really was just so pretty out today. It's the streets that look messy. :)

Marie Rayner said...

I love it when you take us with you on your walks, and I love that you always find hearts. You are loved. xoxo

www.ukpaperwriting.com said...

Thanks for sharing such amazing moments of your day! I love being able to taste the freshness of air and hear the voice of the trees through your photos.. They are inspiring and so lovely.
Thanks again!
xo, Cecilia Sunders

La Table De Nana said...

Some lovely clics Val!

Val said...

Thank you all. I'm working my way back up to the at-least-eight-miles-a-day I used to do, so there will be many more "walk" posts. :)