Saturday, January 2, 2016

I've Waited All Week for This

Ahhhh!  I made it through the past two nights at work, treated myself to both this pretty Primrose and a bottle of ZzzQuil before heading home and climbing into bed this morning, and slept the sleep of the ZzzQuil-drugged:  I woke at 4:00 this afternoon, nine sweet hours later.  Bliss!  A cranberry bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, a salad and almonds for lunch, and later, chili with cornbread for supper.  For the first time since the night after Christmas, my head and eyes feel good enough to let me read again, so I've spent this evening curled up in a blanket-nest in my chair with J.K. Rowling-writing-as-Robert-Galbraith's Career of Evil.  'Am off for the next few days and fully intend to rest as much as possible, alternating books and movies and naps, to get this cold out of my system. 

5 comments:

donna baker said...

Sounds like a good plan to me. You deserve it.

Blondie's Journal said...

Not sure if you were ill but I'm so happy you had your sleep and sone great and delicious food to take care of your soul.

Happy 2016, my friend!

Jane x

La Table De Nana said...

That blessed moment when you know you are getting better:) I am breathless waiting for blooms too:)Always.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

so glad you're feeling better; was hoping that was the case when I saw your title. happy new year, continue to feel better, better, better.

Val said...

Oh, I'm not there yet. The I've-waited-all-week was for the stretch of days off and the chance to read and sleep. 'Am hoping this IS the week I start to feel better, though. :) Thank you all. ♥