Sunday, December 22, 2013

Who can be insensible to the outpourings of good feeling, and the honest interchange of affectionate attachment which abound at this season of the year. ~ Charles Dickens

One of the sweet things about Christmas is seeing the people you love being treated kindly by others.  One of Mike's coworkers gifted him with this box of fudge last week, leaving it on his desk as a surprise.  I love her drawing of him and that she did the to/from label this way.  It added some joy to his day and his Christmas, and thus, to mine too. 

4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a happy post! It has my heart smiling as well as a smile on my face.

Have a lovely Christmas dear Val.

FlowerLady

Val said...

Merry Christmas to you too, Lorraine. ♥ I hope your dinner/get-together yesterday was wonderful.

And yes, these silly drawings just make me feel good. It's always fun to see your loved ones' amusement at things like this, and I know he was touched by it. :)

Marie said...

What a cheerful way to give a gift! I love it! Three years ago when I lost my job and we lost our home, the missionary sisters we had at the time came over to help us box up all our books. When I got to the other end and was unpacking them in amongst them I found a cheerful little note from them that one had done complete with little character drawings of each. It really made me smile and was a bright spot in a time that was very dark for us. Funny how something so tiny and simple can bring such cheer to the heart! Merry Christmas Val! xxoo

Val said...

Oh, Marie, what a sweet story--I love that. What kindness! Merry Christmas to you too. :)