Saturday, September 5, 2015

Paintbrush-Extender for the Short Ones

I finally finished painting the bathroom this week.  I kept waiting for cool days that didn't come, so on a day with temperatures in the low nineties, I got out my supplies--and invented this one for the impossible-for-me-to-reach corners--and got it done.  Now, to move everything back into the room and hang the new curtain and shower curtain.  And to finish painting the half-painted bedroom, since I started both rooms the same (July!?) week and am eager to be done with these kinds of projects for awhile.  But what a color!  This is a real improvement, bold and fresh-feeling. 

7 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

What a great idea Val! You bathroom will indeed be bright and refreshing. I love it! xoxo

Val said...

Thank you, Marie. I had been wondering how I was going to reach those corners and tops-of-walls, so I was glad this worked. I'll have to do the same thing in the bedroom, and wherever-else I decide to paint in this apartment, so it's a relief to know it held together. I love the color too. This is one of the prettiest shades of green I've ever seen--I'm really happy with it. Remember the umpteen times I repainted the mantel before deciding on the right color for it?! This was right the first time, even if harder to paint. :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

My goodness, you have a steady hand to paint along the ceiling with your brush on a yard stick. I am impressed.

The color is cheery, and I'm sure will be nice during the upcoming winter months.

Have a nice weekend ~ FlowerLady

Val said...

Thank you, Lorraine. It surely wasn't a professional-looking thing to watch, Val jabbing away at the ceiling with this crazy brush-on-a-stick, but it did work. :)

You enjoy your weekend too. ♥

Lisa said...

You're like my mother - she wouldn't give up until she'd thought of some way to do whatever-it-was she required. And it wasn't usually elegant, either, but it did the job for her. :D

So nice to have that paint job done!

Val said...

Your mom sounds like she was quite a person, Lisa.

Val said...

And yes, so nice to be done painting in there! Now to re-hang all the photos and things, and then on to finishing the bedroom. :)