Friday, March 6, 2015

Daffodils and ~Downton Abbey~

It is still a snow-covered world here today, but the first Daffodils have hit the stores.  I look forward to this little treat all year.  And it is a gorgeous blue-skied sunny day so far, making Daffodil Bouquet Day even sweeter.  
March 6th already.  Bring it!  This February was rough.  "And the hits just keep on coming" kept coming to mind each week.  I had five days off beginning February 28th, and I!  completely!  vegged!  out!  I finally watched "Downton Abbey"--ALL of "Downton Abbey," beginning season one Saturday morning and watching the season five finale late Wednesday night--and was as charmed by it as everyone assured me I would be.  Mr. Carson--"[the] old booby!"--has won my heart.  Love that character.  And Violet's laugh makes me laugh every time I hear it.  Mrs. Hughes' "Oh, heavens, girl!  You're building a fire, not inventing it!"  The aqua drawing room with the cream doors.  The swishing of the dear pup's tail in the opening sequence.  The music.  The DRESSES!  Violet and Isobel together.  Lovely Sybil.  Ah!  It was well worth the wait, and it was the perfect way to put a horrid February behind me. And now March is here, and here with Daffodils and sunshine.  Happy day. 


7 comments:

La Table De Nana said...

I hate to say this..
but..

I told you so♥
Right up your alley..
Happy March to you ..Your first March w/ a driver's licence.:)

Nellie said...

I must look for daffodils the next time I am out! Ours will definitely not be in bloom for awhile! I have missed the first seasons of Downton Abbey, but thoroughly enjoyed this one! xo Nellie

Anonymous said...

Hi Val,
I love that you are able to bring home daffodils! Isn't it wonderful to have the inspiration of spring come a little early! Good for you!

Our very first couple of our tiny early daffs bloomed just today. Sweet! Last week it was 18' here over night - I am glad they are hardy!

Have a good March. In fact, Val, have a great one!

Love,
Lily

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Oh, you and me both! Just after Christmas I found the first four seasons of Downton Abbey and, for the past week, have been watching. LOVE! Perhaps the best thing I like thus far...NO sign of snow!! -haha- Seriously, it's been a treat and when I finish, I'll start watching all over again.
Beautiful Daffs, Val, I have to go off the farm today and think I'll look for something yellow and springy.

Marie Rayner said...

I am surprised you were not watching Downton all along Val! It is such a "you" kind of show! I am glad you finally did get to see it though. These are classics. Truly. I know we will get enjoyment from these lovely characters for many years to come on dvd. Todd and I never tire of them. Just like Larkrise to Candleford and Call the Midwife. These are all treasures.

Our daffs are up in the garden. WE are a couple months ahead of you weather wise. But whether they are bought in the shops or coming up on their own, they do cheer the soul. Love and hugs to you sweet girl! xoxo

Lisa said...

Val, I also love Carson - I think he's my favorite. You've got stamina, to watch that in marathon fashion!

It just occurred to me that this awful winter has just been the last five weeks or so - not "all winter"! Mostly just the month of February, as you say. How easily I forgot my disappointment that we had no snow at Christmas and it wasn't very wintery. What happened after just wiped that out of my mind!
Anyway, it's March.

Val said...

A belated thank you to you all. xox♥